First Generation Hospitality Scholarships
The First Generation Scholarship is awarded to students who are first-generation college students whose parents or legal guardians have not earned a baccalaureate degrees. These are need-based State/Institutional scholarship available to undergraduate students who attend Florida public, state universities. The award funding varies and if funding permits that year.
- Must be the first generation in their family to attain a college degree (Note: Students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). To be considered first generation, parents or legal guardians must not have earned baccalaureate degrees and you should be self-reported as a First Generation student on the FAFSA.
- Must be a degree-seeking undergraduate student at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester, and have a 3.0 GPA or above.
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing FAFSA and be eligible for a Pell Grant
- Scholarship is open to both Florida and non-Florida residents. For scholarships to be eligible under the Florida First Generation Matching Grant Program, applicant must be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
In addition, awardees will be called on to attend scholarship recognition/events and/or individual meeting with donor. Prior to disbursing your award, it is imperative that a “thank you” letter, a brief biography and an appropriate head shot be submitted via AcademicWorks.*
Questions- contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com.
- Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Supplemental Questions
- Why I chose hospitality/tourism as a career
- Choose the option that best represents your career focus
- Please upload a current resume that provides educational and professional background information
- If awarded, are you willing to attend scholarship recognition/events and/or individual meeting with donor?