Judy and Fred Schild, MD Scholarship
The Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) Scholarship Program is pleased to offer the Judy and Fred Schild, MD Scholarship Award. We are grateful to Mrs. Schild and the late Dr. Schild for their generous support of HWCOM and their commitment to medical education and the next generation of physicians. Dr. Schild was a Professor of Surgery at HWCOM and an accomplished surgeon, educator, and researcher. He completed his surgical residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, served as Professor of Surgery at the University of Miami for many years, and was a founder of a general and vascular group practice. Dr. Schild was a wonderful role model for medical students; continuously emphasizing the power of aligning communications, clinical skills, and acumen. His legacy will carry on through the many generations of students he helped train. The purpose of this scholarship award is to support second year medical student who has excelled both in clinical skills and patient centered skills with their cost of attendance while attending the HWCOM.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled second year medical students.
- Applicants must be in good academic and professional standing.
- Demonstrated financial need is a required component to be a recipient of this award. Current FAFSA must be on file.
- Applicants cannot be a current recipient of a full tuition scholarship.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe how you have excelled in clinical skills and patient centered skills.
- Describe any special circumstances or obligations you have that might demonstrate financial need.