Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Each year, one outstanding incoming Honors College student, who is a member of PTK, is awarded $2000 per year for a maximum of two years (amounts may vary annually). Students who are interested in this award should submit a letter of recommendation from their PTK faculty advisor. A minimum grade point average of 3.3 is required.
• Admission and active status in the Honors College
• Fall admits – Fall admission is required for all scholarship awards
• Maintain minimum enrollment of 15 credits per term
• Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3
• Students awarded a transfer scholarship may only receive one transfer award per academic year
• Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa
• Students must fulfill annual Honors College engagement and service requirements
• Completed application for FIU admission
• Completed Honors College application (visit http://honors.fiu.edu/apply for instructions on how to apply and requirements)
• Essay Topic Submission (300-500 word essay)
• Optional: students may submit evidence of Honors awards or academic achievements
• Two letters of recommendation – one letter from previous instructor and one letter from the PTK advisor.
Questions – contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com or click here to learn more.