Undergraduate Admissions - Presidential Merit Scholarship
The Undergraduate Admissions Presidential Scholarship is open to qualified first time in college U.S. citizens, permanent residents and international students only. To qualify for academic merit scholarship consideration, students must be admitted to FIU by November 15, 2022 for Early Fall/Fall 2023. Students are strongly encouraged to submit a completed admissions application by October 15th to allow time for the application to be processed.
Note- Applicants must have test scores sent directly to FIU when they register for the SAT or ACT so the scores can be received by the university in time for scholarship consideration. November 5, 2022 SAT/October 22, 2022 ACT are the last test dates that will be considered for the scholarship eligibility; all other supporting credentials and a completed application should already be received by the scholarship application deadline.
To be considered, students must submit a completed scholarship application no later than December 1, 2022. A complete application includes having received the required two letters of recommendation by this date.
To enter the competition, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a high school student progressing normally toward completion of high school and planning to enroll full-time in college following the completion of high school;
- Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student with intention of receiving the F-1 visa to study in the United States
- Meet minimum scholarship requirements.
- 4.0 GPA (weighted)
- 1370 SAT Score or 30 ACT or Top 5% of a Florida Highschool Graduating Class
Questions- please e-mail email@example.com or call 305.348.0349.
- 100% tuition, fees plus books
- Supplemental Questions
- “The secret of our success is that we never, never give up.” – Wilma Mankiller. In 500 words or less, tell us about a period when you were unsuccessful at something. What were the circumstances at that point in time? How did you respond to failure? What did you learn from it?
- Please submit TWO letters of recommendation. Our scholarship committee will read and review each letter of recommendation thoroughly so make sure you are putting forth the best representation of you!
- Please enter the name and e-mail address of reference provider 1.
- Please enter the name and e-mail address of reference provider 2.
- If you have been named a National Merit Semi-Finalist by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, please upload a copy of your notification letter.