Delores Auzenne Fellowship
The Delores Auzenne Fellowship is designed to assist Florida International University in increasing the matriculation of minority graduate students who are enrolled in disciplines where there is under-representation. Through this program, graduate students receive awards of $5,000 ($2,500 per Fall and Spring semesters) for year-long, full-time study.
To be eligible to receive this fellowship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Have been accepted as a degree seeking student into graduate (master or doctoral) disciplines where minority graduate students are disproportionately underrepresented; and
- Have demonstrated initiative in pursuing educational goals and possess the qualifications to assure satisfactory progress toward future educational goals; and
- Are either citizens or permanent residents (a copy of your card must be provided) of the United States;
- Applicants are eligible for to receive this fellowship for up to three (3) academic years, contingent upon funding; and
APPLICANTS CANNOT RECEIVE McKNIGHT FELLOWSHIP OR ANOTHER UNIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP ALONG WITH THE DELORES AUZENNE FELLOWSHIP.
Recipients must reapply annually and are required to:
- Attend the MANDATORY scholarship orientation in September of the award year.
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (6 credits per semester minimum).
- Notify the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
To be considered for the Delores Auzenne Fellowship, new applicants should submit the completed application along with the following supporting documents:
- One page, double spaced in Times New Roman personal statement addressing the following question: Please explain your career goals, your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in your field of study, and how you will contribute to diversity in this field. [Please note: Failure to follow the format and page requirements for the personal statement will result in disqualification.]
FIU acceptance letter (You may have received this letter in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Current unofficial transcript (Please note Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded. Official transcripts must be mailed to DEI only if you are awarded the scholarship.)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, current supervisors, or advisors
- Copy of visa (Non U.S. Citizens)
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at email@example.com or (305) 348-2785. Submit your complete application packet on or before Sunday, July 31, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.