William C. Adams Memorial Scholarship
William C. Adams was one of the School of Mass Communication & Journalism (now called the School of Communication + Journalism (SCJ)) best-loved and well-respected public relations professors. After a lengthy career in public relations and in education, he passed away in 2003. This scholarship was established in his memory.
Awarded for Spring 2024.
For consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A full-time (12 credits) junior or senior fully-admitted into the SCJ pursuing a major in Public Relations
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred)
Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa.
For additional information please contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Communication Arts, School of Communication + Journalism
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be a junior or senior as of the award period (Fall and Spring of the next academic year)?
- Are you fully-admitted into the SJMC or will you be by the beginning of the award period?
- All applicants must submit a 2-page essay/personal statement (typed, double-spaced) in which you describe your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future. Remember, this is often the best opportunity you have to speak directly to the scholarship review committee! Please check spelling and grammar carefully before submitting your essay. Must be a minimum of 1000 words.
- Please submit a copy of current Panther Degree Audit (PDA for FIU students). All documents should be submitted as PDF.
- Please submit scans of all transcripts from institutions in which you have taken courses, including FIU (official or unofficial from school's web page).
- All applicants must submit a writing sample (school newspaper story, class paper or equivalent).
- Will you be pursuing a Public Relations major in the SJMC during the award period (Fall and Spring of the upcoming year)?
- What is your current graduate cumulative GPA (a mininum 3.0 is required)?
- Will you be enrolled full time (12 credits undergraduate and 9 credits graduate) during the award period (upcoming fall and spring semesters).
- Please request a letter of recommendation. Letter MUST be from a teacher, professor, academic counselor or adviser who can attest to student’s academic potential, leadership qualities, and/or community service. SCJ faculty preferred.
- Show 5 more