Auslander Family Scholarship
The Department of Dietetics & Nutrition is proud to offer the Auslander Family Scholarship. The Auslander Family Scholarship is intended to recognize and provide financial support for outstanding students who wish to become a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist. The recipient must have a proven academic and achievement record and have the potential to make a major contribution to the profession of dietetics.
The number of awards and amount of each award varies. All scholarship awards are paid through the University to the recipient’s University account.
The Auslander Family Scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate financial need and the ability to be an excellent dietetic student. Applicants will only be considered for the scholarship if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be seeking a master’s degree in the Department of Dietetics & Nutrition
- be accepted into the Department’s dietetic internship
- demonstrate financial need (must have submitted FAFSA)
- exemplify the values and ethical principles of the Code of Ethics for the profession of dietetics as set forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
*Selection Criteria *
The Auslander Scholarship Committee will review and score the applications according to a rubric. The three applicants with the highest scores will be interviewed. After the interviewing phase, a decision will be rendered.
The Department reserves the right to revoke the scholarship in the event the student is not fulfilling the requirements of the coordinated program/dietetic internship. By submitting this electronic application for the Auslander Scholarship you accept the conditions and confirm all the information given is accurate.
- Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a master's student in the Department of Dietetics & Nutrition?
- Are you accepted into the Dietetics & Nutrition dietetic internship?
- What date were you accepted into the DI?
- Please upload (in PDF) your personal statement from your DI application.
- Community Service
- Please describe a recent particularly satisfying community activity. Why was it satisfying?
- Please describe your community activities (include role, responsiblities, years or months of involvement).
- Scholarship Statement
- Are you receiving financial aid through the Unviersity (scholarships, loans, etc.)?
- Do you have an active FAFSA application in the FIU system?
- Do you have any government or financial sponsorship?
- Please give three reasons why you consider yourself to be a worthwhile candidate who should receive the scholarship.
- Why are you suitable for this award?
- Ethics in Dietetics
- Explain how you exemplify the values and ethical principles set forth in the Code of Ethics of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Show 2 more