Golden Drum Scholarship
The Office of Social Justice and Inclusion is offering this merit-based scholarship opportunity to first-time college students from Miami-Dade or Broward Counties. Applicants must meet the minimum criteria to be considered.
- Complete General Application (Including Personal Statement & Resume)
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must graduate from a Miami-Dade of Broward County High School
- A resume highlighting high school involvement/leadership, community service experience, and awards/honors.
- One signed and dated letter of recommendation, by a teacher/instructor, advisor or employer on official letterhead.
- A two-page topic essay— Using the Office of Social Justice & Inclusion website (https://studentaffairs.fiu.edu/get-involved/social-justice-and-inclusion/) select one of our programs or services and describe how that program/service could impact your FIU college experience. (Typed, double-spaced, 10 or 12 pt. font with a 1-inch margin)
- Students with college credits (including dual enrollment, AP, or CLEP) cannot exceed 24 credits
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PDF FORMAT
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay- Using the Office of Social Justice & Inclusion website (osji.fiu.edu) select one of our programs or services and describe how that program/service could impact your FIU college experience.
- High School Name
- Country of Origin
- Please enter the name and e-mail of a guidance/cap counselor, teacher, principal or employer who can provide a recommendation letter on your behalf.