Elsa Rodriguez Memorial First Generation Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all eligible Honors College students. Students must be either an entering or current Honors College student in good standing who are in the first generation of their family to complete a college degree.
- Entering or current Honors College student in good standing (min. 3.3 GPA);
- In the first generation of their family to complete a college degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible);
- Resident of the state of Florida;
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester;
- Demonstrated financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Applicants must submit an essay sharing their personal experience of what it means to be a first-generation student and their experience as part of an immigrant family.
Amount: Minimum of $5,000 per semester (Fall/Spring)
- Scholarship may be renewable
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit an essay sharing your personal experience of what it means to be a first-generation student and your experience as part of an immigrant family.
- All applicants must submit an essay/personal statement in which you describe your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future. Remember, this is often the best opportunity you have to speak directly to the scholarship review committee! Please check spelling and grammar carefully before submitting your essay. We recommend you compose the statement in a different word processing program and then paste it into this box. Must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Please provide a short personal statement describing your educational and careers goals, and your financial need.
- Please upload a current resume that provides educational and professional background information
- Are you or will you be a first generation college graduate in your family?