Vijay Zaveri MD Scholarship
The Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) Scholarship Program is pleased to offer the Vijay Zaveri, MD Scholarship. Dr. Zaveri was born and raised in India. He received his Medical Degree in the K.M. School of Post Graduate Medicine in Ahmedabad, India. He completed his residency in Otolaryngology at Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami School of Medicine. Dr. Zaveri has spent the majority of his medical career in private practice and has generously given of his time to mentor medical students and those aspiring to become physicians. He is the founding Chair of Otolaryngology, serving in this capacity until 2019. The purpose of his generous scholarship award is to assist a fourth year HWCOM medical student with an interest in Otolaryngology with their cost of attendance while attending medical school.
- Applicants must be a fourth year medical student.
- Applicants must be in good academic and professional standing.
- Demonstrated financial need is a required component to be a recipient of this award. Current FAFSA must be on file.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any interests or experiences in Otolaryngology and/or community engagement abroad.
- Describe any special circumstances or obligations you have that might demonstrate financial need and how you have accomplished academic achievements despite challenges faced.
- Describe your medical career aspirations as you continue into your residency training.