John Wolin SJMC Scholarship (Communication)
This endowment scholarship fund was established in 2007 by Mrs. Wolin as a memorial to her husband, John Wolin, who loved journalism and teaching young journalists how to polish their craft. Wolin was a reporter and editor at the Miami Herald for 21 years, who inspired readers by chronicling his experiences as an achondroplastic dwarf.
Majors in the Department of Communication (Communication Arts, Public Relations, Advertising, Applied Communications)
For consideration the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A junior or senior student pursuing a major in the SCJ during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credits) during the award period
- Submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future
- Submit a writing sample (school newspaper story, class paper or equivalent).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred)
Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa.
For additional information please contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.