BHI Hospitality Minority Scholarship
Black Hospitality Initiative of Greater Miami (BHI) formerly the Visitor Industry Human Resource Development Council (VIC) is a non-profit 501© 3 organization established in 1991 by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) to advance economic participation and open doors of opportunity for African Americans and Blacks of African descent in the Greater Miami Visitor Industry.
This scholarship is offered to hospitality students. It is open to the following students:
- Must be admitted as a degree-seeking student at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- High School Graduate
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or above
- Miami Dade County Resident For Two Years
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of black or African-American heritage
- Strong Work / Volunteer Experience in the Visitor Industry and Commitment to Work in Miami-Dade County’s Visitor Industry For Two Years Following Graduation
- Preference will be given to students with a focus on Hospitality Management, Beverage Management, Culinary Management, Event Management, Hotel/Lodging Management, Restaurant/Foodservice Management, Travel & Tourism Management.
- Make sure your essay touches on the following (200 Word Essay outlining your academic and career goals for the next 12 months).
If selected as a recipient for this scholarship, please note the following:
Prior to disbursing your award, it is imperative that a “thank you” letter, a brief biography and an appropriate head shot be submitted via AcademicWorks. Students are also required to meet with the CSHTM Career Services Office before disbursement, if awarded. Students can make an appointment through Handshake. Appointments are with the CSHTM Career Services Office.