Coulter Summer Research Scholarship
The FIU Biomedical Engineering Department has established an award for undergraduate CURE students to participate in faculty research during the summer. The awards are intended to support students with an interest in pursuing a career in research with plans to attend graduate studies in biomedical engineering.
Students will be selected to conduct research in a faculty’s laboratory for 20 hr/week for 10 weeks at $10/hour over the summer (May 24 – July 31). Students must apply with a BME faculty mentor.
ALL AWARD RECIPIENTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT A FINAL REPORT ON THEIR PROJECT BY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE FOLLOWING FALL SEMESTER.
Eligibility and Application Details
• You must be an undergraduate BME student with a minimum 3.0 GPA
• You must be part of the CURE program
• You must have a faculty mentor for your project
• You must submit a current version of your resume
• You must submit a 3 page written project proposal and should include a paragraph that explains how the proposed research builds on previous CURE research
• You must submit an unofficial transcript
• You must prepare a project proposal presentation
• You must present your proposal (via Zoom) the week of May 3rd
Applications will be judged and ranked according to the following criteria.
• Qualifications of the applicant
• Project relevance to the area of biomedical research
• Significance and future potential for development of the research
• Originality and innovativeness of the proposed project
• Quality (spelling, grammar, language etc) and completeness of the application
• Availability of adequate resources to complete the project
• Winners will be notified on 5/7/2021 via email
This is a paid research internship.
Students will be paid bi-weekly after completing 20 hours per week of research work for 10 weeks.
Email: Dr. Joshua Hutcheson at email@example.com