Helios Education Foundation First Generation Scholarship
Established by The Helios Education Foundation, the Helios Education Foundation First Generation Scholarship supports education majors at FIU.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Some First-Generation Awards will require a higher GPA.
- Education major
#Preference for renewals
#Preference for Freshman
Questions? Contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-0349.