Miguel & Rosa Hondal First Generation Scholarship
Established by Miguel and Rosa Hondal, this First Generation Scholarship supports graduates of Miami-Dade County Highschools.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 and above.
- Graduate of a Miami-Dade County Highschool
- Preference for Freshman
Questions? Contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-0349.
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and professional goals and how will achieving your goals help you give back to your community? Please elaborate on current volunteer and extracurricular activities and why you have chosen your major.