Ress Family Golden Gift First Generation Scholarship
The Ress Family Golden Gift First Generation Scholarship is awarded to students who are first-generation college students whose parents or legal guardians have not earned a baccalaureate degree. This is a need-based State/Institutional scholarship available to undergraduate students who attend Florida public, state universities. Recipients must be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen who do not have a previous bachelor’s degree.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and* be eligible for a Pell Grant.*
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students must live within a 5 mile radius of the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus – Zip Codes: 33138, 33141, 33150, 33154, 33160, 33161, 33162, 33168, 33169, 33179, 33180, 33181 (the city does not matter)
- Junior and Senior
For more information on the First Generation Scholarship contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and professional goals and how will achieving your goals help you give back to your community? Please elaborate on current volunteer and extracurricular activities and why you have chosen your major.