Miami Bayside Foundation First Generation Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements :
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Live in the City of Miami with one of the following Zip Codes- 33127, 33137, 33136, 33131, 33145, 33135, 33125, 33130, 33128
- Preference to minority students
Questions- Contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-348-0349.
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and professional goals and how will achieving your goals help you give back to your community? Please elaborate on current volunteer and extracurricular activities and why you have chosen your major.
- 2020-2021 University Wide Scholarships Post-Acceptance Questionnaire
- a) Please provide a short paragraph about yourself (100-word minimum).
- b) What degree are you pursuing, and what do you plan to do with your degree after you graduate?
- c) Why did you apply for the scholarship, how will it help you this semester, and what impact will it have on your academic journey?
- d) Please provide a message thanking the donor for the scholarship.
- e) Please upload an appropriate high-resolution photo of yourself to send to the donor.
- f) Can a member of FIU's marketing/news/public relations team may contact me regarding my award?
- Please provide a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, etc.) to thank you video to provide to the donor. The video should: 1) Be recorded in landscape 2) Approximately 30 seconds 3) Include any statements on how this scholarship will help you throughout your time at FIU