First Generation Scholarship
The First Generation Scholarship is awarded to students who are first-generation college students whose parents or legal guardians have not earned a baccalaureate degree. This is a need-based State/Institutional scholarship available to undergraduate students who attend Florida public, state universities. Recipients must be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen who do not have a previous bachelor’s degree.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and* be eligible for a Pell Grant.*
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Some First Generation Awards will require a higher GPA.
For more information on the First Generation Scholarship contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- How would receiving this scholarship benefit you?
- Have you been adversely impacted by COVID-19?