Minority Community College Transfer Scholarship
The Minority Community College Transfer Scholarship is a competitive award granted to qualified minority students at Florida International University (FIU), who are Florida residents, on the basis of financial need. Through this program, recipients may receive a total award of $1,600 ($800 per semester) for year-long, full-time study.
To qualify to receive this scholarship, a student must meet the following criteria:
1. Accepted as a degree-seeking junior student at Florida International University; and
2. Have earned an A.A. or A.S. degree from an accredited Community College between January and August 2020; and
3. Minimum 3.00 GPA in undergraduate coursework based on transcript evaluation; and
4. Begin matriculation at FIU in Fall 2020.
Recipients of the Minority Community College Transfer Scholarship must reapply annually and are required to:
1. Attend the MANDATORY scholarship orientation in September of the award year.
2. Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00.
3. Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits per semester).
4. Notify the Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) (formerly Equal Opportunity and Diversity) of any change in name, address, graduate program, or school.
To be considered for the Minority Community College Transfer Scholarship, new applicants should submit the completed application along with the following supporting documents:
1. One page, double spaced in Times New Roman personal statement expressing career objectives, achievements, and activities. [Please note: Failure to follow the format and page requirements for the personal statement will result in disqualification.]
2. FIU Letter of acceptance
3. Current unofficial transcript (Please note: Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded below. Official transcripts must be mailed to IDEA only if you are awarded the scholarship.)
4. Two letters of recommendation from professors, current supervisors, or advisors.
5. Copy of visa (Non-U.S. Citizens).
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact the office of IDEA at email@example.com (305) 348-2785. Submit your complete application packet on or before Friday, July 31, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.