Delores Auzenne Fellowship
The Delores Auzenne Fellowship is designed to assist Florida International University in increasing the matriculation of minority graduate students who are enrolled in disciplines where there is under-representation. Through this program, graduate students receive awards of $5,000 ($2,500 per Fall and Spring semesters) for year-long, full-time study.
To qualify to receive this fellowship, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Have been accepted as a degree seeking student into graduate (master or doctoral) disciplines where minority graduate students are disproportionately underrepresented; and
- Have demonstrated initiative in pursuing educational goals and possess the qualifications to assure satisfactory progress toward future educational goals; and
- Are either citizens or permanent residents (a copy of your card must be provided) of the United States;
- Applicants are eligible for to receive this fellowship for up to three (3) academic years, contingent upon funding; and
APPLICANTS CANNOT RECEIVE McKNIGHT FELLOWSHIP OR ANOTHER UNIVERSITY FELLOWSHIP ALONG WITH THE DELORES AUZENNE FELLOWSHIP.
Fellowship Requirements Recipients of the Delores Auzenne Fellowship
Studies must reapply annually and are required to:
- Attend the MANDATORY scholarship orientation in September of the award year.
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (6 credits per semester minimum).
- Notify the Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) (formerly Equal Opportunity and Diversity) of any change in name, address, graduate program, or school.
To be considered for the Delores Auzene Fellowship, new applicants should submit the completed application along with the following supporting documents:
- One page, double spaced in Times New Roman personal statement expressing career objectives, achivements, and activities. [Please note: Failure to follow the format and page requirements for the personal statement will result in disqualification.]
FIU acceptance letter
- Current unofficial transcript (Please note Unofficial transcripts must be uploaded. Official transcripts must be mailed to IDEA only if you are awarded the scholarship.)
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, current supervisors, or advisors
- Copy of visa (Non U.S. Citizens)
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact the IDEA at email@example.com (305) 348-2785. Submit your complete application packet on or before Friday, July 31, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.